Saturday 5 July 2014

ANDY WARHOL, POOLS AND BURGERS

Andy Warhol, "the genious of self-advertising"


Hullo guys!
I was on Andy Warhol’s „I’m Okay“ exhibition today!
It
was
BRILLIANT
I was (and I still am) so excited about it! I thought Andy Warhol’s work is cool but it’s acutually totally  amazing. I really loved it.

And I also had my first vodka shot yesterday with my gorgeous friend. Now I know how it feels to be a little drunk (I can get drunk quite quickly, trust me) :D Cool experience.
And we watched Pulp Fiction! Wow, definitely recommend you, if you haven’t seen it aready!

But back to the exhibition!
Surprisingly we could take photos there (YAY) so I basically have a photo of everything. I picked the most presentable ones and I’m gonna put them here so you can also enjoy some of this genuine and imaginative art!

So here’s the very first part of the exhibion. „Campbells“ soup cans. Wooow this is just so simple and yet so juicy. It definitely catches your attention at the first sight.
But that goes for Warhol’s art in general.

You will probably know the next one.
Warhol’s famous screenprints of Marilyn Monroe. They come in many colours and variations. Some were in cold colours, some in warm, some were combinated and some were in very warm colours (glaring, if you want) and those neon Marilyns were the ones personally loved the most.

John Lennon - Menlove Ave





The next thing I have to mention is Andy’s partnership with many and many great bands from 60s and 70s. The Velvet Underground, Rolling Stones, John Lennon (Beatles)… He mostly designed their album covers and produced their records.
In this part of the exhibition you can see some of his most famous creations.


me and The Velvet Underground:D

click "read more" if you wanna read about pools and burgers.

Rolling stones & TVU

Oh, and by the way. I sooooo fancy this skate. Look at it! It’s so adorable!

And here’s the ticket. I’ll definitely keep it and expose it on my noticeboard.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

After this magnificent experience we went to the pool with the rest of my family (which is quite a number - I have 4 siblings)
It was quite metaphorical. Little kids blithely bathing on the shallow side of the pool, supported by parents, buoyed by inflatable rings, with heads high above the water.
And on the other side of the pool, adults and adolescents, floundering in deep water, barely keeping afloat as other adults and adolescents are splashing the water in their eyes.
Haha.
(I love metaphores.)

oh man these chicken burgers are just too good
I and my older brother left the pool earlier and went to Burger King. I had a huge craving for some burgers since I saw Pulp Fiction (seriously man, there's so much burgers in that movie). We had quite a great time.
And most importantly, we had those great burgers!!!
(I'm seriously worried I'll spend all my money for burgers from now on...)
Hey, I know you're probably thinking "Geez, why is she so excited about burgers."
aaaand I tell you why: I never get to eat any burgers. Never. Yeeaah.

K, enough of babbling.

Have a great holiday everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!