Sunday 18 May 2014

THE TABOO THEMES

Hullo everyone,
Recently I noticed some themes nobody talks much about. They're often intentionally ignored or only briefly mentioned. Even your parents often won't tell you much about these things, except that they are bad.
Maybe you've already figured I'm talking about drugs (mostly those non-addictive ones).
Now I'm gonna tell you purely my own opinion, without any inhibitions or taboos. And I reckon with the fact some of you won't agree (although I think this disagreement will again and again come from the fact that no one talks about these things - people are making up misconceptions). Anyway, let's begin.

Drugs. The first thing that comes to your mind when somebody says "drugs" is probably the word "bad". And I'm not saying it's a lie. But I'm not saying it's completely true either.
There are drugs which are totally bad according to me. The hard and addictive ones, such as heroin or meth. Being addicted to something, therefore not being able to live without it, really sucks. It's like some thing is controling your life. And I mean... who would want that, right?

click "read more" for "BUT" (yeah, only one T, sorry...)

BUT (yeah, there always has to be some "but") there are also drugs which are basically harmless, such as weed (marijuana, if you wiil), LSD, ecstasy and actually all the other hallucinogens. You can't be addicted to them, either physically or mentally. They don't do more harm than pain-killers. And in a certain sense, they are something like pain-killers (maybe more like reality-killers). And yet they're banned.
Then there are the legal, yet still addictive ones - cigarettes and alcohol. Well, they certainly aren't harmless. I don't really know why they are legal. But still, they can be helpful in some situations and I don't judge people who smoke or drink, when they have a good reason. On the other hand I can't stand people who drink or smoke just to make themselves look more mature or cool. (it does not make you look mature, in fact it makes you look even more childish).
I don't do drugs if you're curious, although I don't mind the non-adictive ones. I just can't understand why they are so frowned upon. But I guess that's just our society. Judging before even knowing anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!