Monday 25 August 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.2

 previous day 
The sea is a wonderful thing. Fresh air smells of salt water. The sea breeze is ruffling your hair like any other breeze, and yet it somehow feels different a special way. The feeling of walking barefoot in the soft warm sand.

25th August
Hullo everyone,
It felt engaging. To be back by the seaside. To feel the characteristic atmosphere of the seaside. And to be part of it.
lucky me

The sea was surprisingly warm and very enjoyable. Last year when we were in France with my family the sea was rather cold and acrid. The french beaches was gorgeous though, but... oh, how I love italian seaside.

And I saw a fish jumping out of the water! It immediately disappeared in the waves again, but woow! Believe it or not, this was the first time a saw an actual fish in the sea.
. . .
oh, how i'd love to take a ride
 on a sailboat again
I took only the very most necesarry things. "Things you cannot leave the house without" as my aunt told me. That would be
a book, a camera, sunglasses and of course a swimsuit and a towel.
Yaaay, and we can go.

We settled down among these boats and sailboats so that no one would bother us. I swimmed for like 20 minutes. Well, swimmed... more like floated on the waves.

When I fully enjoyed the water I just went for my camera and started to take photos of everything.
Then it occured to me it would be quite sweet to send my male-friend a lovely little shell (I'm sending him a letter). So I started looking for unique shells while photographing.

look at the landscape!
 I couldn't find any acceptably cute so I took at least few nice pebbles. For the rest of the time I read an engrossing book.
“She said, 'I'm so afraid.' And I said, 'why?,' and she said, 'Because I'm so profoundly happy, Dr. Rasul. Happiness like this is frightening.' I asked her why and she said, 'They only let you be this happy if they're preparing to take something from you.”  
― Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
 That was a quote from that book if you didn't get that.
. . .
Okay, this is getting weird. He's basically all I think about. Except maybe food.
. . .

I learnt to play Ed Sheeran's Autumn Leaves on my aunt's old guitar. It's a beautiful song, really. I don't know why I fell in love with this one. I guess it has something to do with ... you know what, I don't wanna think about this right know.

My aunt promised me to set off sooner tommorow. I hope I'll find the right shell.

Love and kisses,
                       Anna

this is supposed to be the night view from our apartment.
see those hills on the left? these are actually mountains
but they're not visible in this photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!