Saturday 30 August 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.6

Still warm croissants for breakfast, the smell of genuine italian caffè wafting through the kitchen, lazing by the sea, jumping into the waves and a cool indie rock guitar concert to properly end the day. Italians certainly know how to enjoy the life.

29th August
Hullo guys,
My cousin brought us three fresh croissants for the breakfast. So incredibly tasty.
Yet I fear I'll gradually become a pig before I get home. Really.

croissants con frutti di bosco, con miele e con crema alla vaniglia

I'm trying to learn Quelqu'un m'a dit by Carla Bruni. It's quite difficult but hopefully I can do it.
On dit que le destin se moque bien de nous,
Qu'il ne nous donne rien, et qu'il nous promet tout,
Paraît que le bonheur est à portée de main,
Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou.
"I’m told that fate mocks us. That it gives us nothing and promises everything. When happiness seems to be within our reach, we reach out and make fools out of ourselves."
. . . 
The sea level was high today. But that's probably because we set off later. The sea level is changing during the day and it's always an inflow in the evening.

The guitar concert was great. It wasn't much of a concert though, more like a performance. But it was cool to hear some quality music again.
It gave me some time to think, as I always do while listening to quality music.
And I don't know if I wanted to. Think.

I suppose I fear it might excessively remind me of him.



I finally saw a proper night sky. I tried to recognize some constellation but I couldn't find any. So I just stared at the stars as I usually do and I was wondering if anyone close to me is now, at this very moment, watching the same sky.
. . . 
I'm lying on a sofa wannabe from the Victorian era in my cousin's girlfriend's otherwise stylish apartment. I love the huge abstract paintings on the walls. My brother is playing GTA V on my cousin's girlfriend's son's (Alessandro's) xbox. Alessandro is 12 and he looks much like a baby turtle.
Though he's still taller than me.

I'm sorry but I really have to go to bed. I'm exhausted.

Good night/morning/day
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!