Thursday 28 August 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.5

Italian ice cream is a heavenly bliss. The makrets are kind of charming in a certain way. The local fish are far too friendly and they really like to randomly jump out of the water and scare me. Idiotic fish.

28th August
Hullo guyz,
We visited the Giulianova markets today. We actually planned to wake up early again and set off to the beach. The weather was supposed to get really bad in the afternoon.
The thing about local weather is it's changing very inconstantly. It depends a great deal on the nearby mountains.
Hey. I wouldn't talk about weather unless it's interesting, okay? Trust me.
So, what I wanted to say is it's dull nasty weather here and when we arrived to Giulianova, a city 2 kilometres away, the sun was shining brightly, the sky was blue and a sea breeze was pleasurably cool and fresh.
I LOVE THE SEASCAPE.


 I thought Italian markets will be full of food. But basically everything we saw were clothes. Sooo much clothes, shoes, jewelery... and about six food stands. Weird.

nirvana, green day, red hots, beatles,
pink floyd... asdfghjkdfgh.
Anyway, I found a few pretty cool things here. First, a simple lacy white dress. I always wanted a white a'la fairy dress to perfectly fit with my flower crown. And I simply love lacy things! They were too expensive though. Maybe I'll come back for them, but first I have to see the Saturday markets in Teramo.

The second thing were these (left pic) super cool band t-shirts, € 13 per one! Oooh, my heart leapt at the sight of them.
They didn't have the exact ones I want though, so I left them there with  a heavy heart.

The last thing I really loved was a pair of black creepers. Oh my, you have no idea how long am I trying to find these! My aunt, however, was of the opinion that buying shoes on the market is stupidity. Shoes are today's only clothing that must fit perfectly. Which is, I suppose, true. So we didn't buy anything. The regrets are already coming.
I hope I'll have a quality pair of these beautiful shoes one day.

. . .
see that little weird looking creature over there? yeah. that's me.
Well, when the marketers started to pack their little shops, we went to lie down on the beach for a while. To enjoy the waves which were huge today. Swimming was allowed at your own risk.
We took the risk and it was great.
However, with waves came also fish. Shitloads of fish. (hehe, i wanted to use this word for a long time) 
They were all jumping out of the water basically anywhere and anytime they wanted like it's nobody's bussiness. One of them jumped out and slapped me on the butt. And that really hurt! My brother leaughed at me for a while but then a big wave came and filled his mouth with water. Hehe. Serves him right.

. . .

After jumping and divning into the waves, sunbathing and eating we finally went to get some good italian ice cream. My aunt luckily knows the best gelaterie in the town. We ordered three gelati piccoli, small ice creams, for € 1,50 each. And as it's customary in Italy they weren't piccolo at all.
But oh, how delicious they were!
And as if that was not enough, they even made the scoops in a shape of roses. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to take a photo but they looked something like this.
The gelateria we visited was named "Oasi". Just in case you'd ever visit Giulianova. C:




Oh, and my aunt also told me I'm like Alice nel paese delle meraviglie. Alice in Wonderland. I don't know how she got the idea.
But I take that as a compliment.
¨
That would be enough for today, right? Yeah, definitely.
So ciao domani!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!