Wednesday 3 September 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.10

Teramo's historic center is more charming than I thought. And the shops there are just as expensive as I thought.

2nd September
Hullo everyone,
I spent the whole day basically doing nothing. It wasn't until the evening that we went for a walk around Teramo. I had to get some stamps for my letters and send them. My brother had to get Vogue and Elle for his friend in Prague.
We've seen quite a lot of sights. I had no idea there's a whole catedral in Teramo! And not just any - it's Teramo Cathedral, dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and to Saint Berardo (who's the city patron).


Well, I suppose this probably says nothing to you so I'll cut to the chase.
You can find the famous Paliotto del Duomo here. It's a majestic silver antependium (decorative curtain in front of the altar) with scenes from Jesus's life pictured on it and it's beautiful.
paliotto del duomo
. . .
If you go few steps further from the cathedral you'll come to the remains of an ancient amphitheater. You stand there looking at the ruins that used to be the venue for thousands of famous theater performances and concerts. You stand there looking at the walls which have witnessed hundreds of thousands of human lives. You stand there and you feel it all, you feel the history of this place. And suddenly you're part of it too.
Just like that. It's impressive.

. . .
We also saw this huge mosaik adorning the city bank (I think?) when we were walking down the corso cerulli. The corso is something like an avenue lined with all kinds of shops, stores and boutiques and usually full of people.

the corso cerulli
















. . .
I sent my two letters to my five friends in Prague. I hope they arrive alright and in a good shape.
If not,
I LOVE YOU GUYS! C:
                                Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!