Saturday 6 September 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.13

The sun is back. I'm sort of looking forward to going back to school and seeing all my friends but I sort of wanna stay here and never come back. Is that selfish?
5th September
Hullo guys,
My cousin arrived today. And as if the sun would wanna please her it swung onto the sky and finally scattered the clouds.
It was nice and weird at the same time to wake up in the light of the sun.

I learned how to make italian lasagne. It's surprisingly easy. I could write you some of the recipes I learned if you're interested. Let me know in the comments.
. . . 
We took advantage of the so-so weather and went to the beach as soon as my cousin arrived. It was totally deserted! It seems like Italians don't go to the beach unless it's 40°C. Fools.
It was beatiful. Not that usual beatiful bur real beautiful.
The wind was blowing strongly and the salt in the air was very distinct. Grey was mingled with pale pink, light blue was desperately trying to break through the horizon. Rainy mist covered the distant view. Thousands of shells lounged on the beach. Nobody has yet come to pick them up.
And those gulls! They were everywhere.


It was certainly one of the most stunning landscapes I've had the pleasure to see. And it was definitely the most beautiful seascape I've seen. Though I'd love to see the sea (haha, a pun, how funny) in the early morning.
. . .
In the evening we watched Dead Poets Society with Robin Williams. Yes, that's why I didn't post this yesterday.

That film is
I can't even put in into words.
It's really
..
lifechanging.

Yes, that's the word. Does it even exist? If not, it's been discovered right now, in this moment, just for this film, 'cause it can't be discribed with any other word.
It's an 80s film about a literature teacher (Robin Williams) and his students. It's about life, love, self-expression, and of course poetry. It's not one of those wannabe encouraging films, this one is taking it far differently. It's playing with every character and everyone can identify with a certain character from the film. I guess that's one of the main reasons why it is so lifechanging.
You realize things.
Maybe you even decide to do something differently by now.
And this is the decision that may truly change your life.

I'm sorry. My word capacity is not capacious enough to express how excellent this film is.

Carpe diem.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!