Thursday 4 September 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.12

Today was the first time we were allowed to go out by ourselves. Hehe. I've got another few clothes AND I made two pizzas. 
4th September
Hullo guys,
Today was a fun day. We saw a lot more from historical Teramo. My aunt thought up some kind of a game for me and my brother. We were supposed to go to the center of our city to find and then take photos of certain sights or other points of interest.
At last and with a little bit of effort we found all ten places on the map.

Santuario della Madonna delle Grazie

Palazzo Castelli
(we didn't have this building on the list
but it's quite important too)
Just in case you would ever visit Teramo in Abruzzo, here are the sights we had on our list (you can skip this part if not interested):
  • Chiesa (=church) di S. Caterina
  • Chiesa di St. Anna on piazza di S. Anna
  • Siti archeologici (=archeological sites) on Piazza di S. Anna
  • ACI building (the entrance consists of something like arcades and it's really old)
  • Chiesa di S. Luca
  • Chiesa di Sant'Antonio
  • the statue of G. Garibaldi on piazza Madonna delle Grazie
  • Porta Reale, near piazza Madonna delle Grazie
  • Siti archeologici in Parco Ivan Graziani
  • Santuario della Madonna delle Grazie
I also saw few lovely stores on the way. Shame I have no money to spend left.
. . .
My aunt is giving away quite a lot of her old clothes. It wouldn't be me if I didn't take anything. Hehe.
I've got a very comfy black sweather, a plain black shirt, a black lacy bodysuit with high collar, floral vintage-looking pyjamas and a cute white croptop/bra with lace at the bottom.
I'm lucky my aunt lives in Italy so she has and always had a great taste in clothes. And besides, the seventies mode is returning!
Yet I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to squeeze it all in the trunk.
. . .
My awesome cousin (i have two cousins to make myself clear - a boy cousin and a girl cousin. okay.) is finally arriving tommorow! She wants to show us a lot of cool places and gelaterie. I didn't have the genuine italian ice cream for... three days, I think? So I'm kinda looking forward to that.
Mmmmm...
And I'm looking forward to see her again, of course! Hehe.
. . . 
FIG.1

I couldn't sleep. I kept rolling over in my bed, trying to empty my mind and not think of anything. And when I thought I finally succeeded, He was back. Crawling into my mind over and over again. I can't shut the door.
He already has the key.
 . . . 
My aunt taught me how to make a pizza dough. She told us we're gonna do a small contest. Me versus my brother - whose pizza will be better.
I think it was very clear to my brother that he's gonna lose, because he didn't even attend.

I made two I have to say quite succesful pizzas
- a basic red pizza with crushed tamatoes, mozzarella, prosciutto, onion cloves ans fresh basil and rosemary
- a cheese pizza with all kinds of cheese I found in the refrigerator, fresh rosemary and prosciutto

We made two other classic italian specialities so I'm starting to feel like a proper Italian, hehe.
I have to write all the recipes down before I leave.

Sleepily,
     Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!