Saturday 6 September 2014

18 DAYS IN ITALY no.14

I don't know how I'm gonna survive the year without italian ice cream. And pizza. And the seascape.

6th September
Hullo guys,
Why, today was a lovely day. We saw the markets here in Teramo and I bought cute gifts for my friends. My cousin even bought me a beatiful black evening dress just for € 8. I've got € 17 from the budget she gave me left!
It was cloudy here but the sun shone brightly in Giulianova. We couldn't swim, the cold wind was blowing too strongly. We went for a nice walk by the sea and we saw a lotta beatiful things. For example the Salinello river outfall.


But first we had an ice cream. My cousin took us to her favourite gelateria in town - Marechiaro. And it was
one of the best ice creams
I've ever
had.
If you'd ever drive through Giulianova, be sure to stop there and have an ice cream in Marechiaro (or in Dolce Vita).


I won't be able to survive without italian ice cream.



We passed through an old camp where my aunt and my cousins used to stay for summer. They had nice full grown fig trees with juicy green figs. You probably know about our (my and my cousin's) fig obession by now. Well, and so it happend we got ourselves a healty snack.
Oh and I succesfully stole one sweet-smelling fresh lemon from someone's garden.

We also saw this beautiful piece of art on the way. The texts says
There is no safer way to escape the world than art. Yet there is no more confident bond with the world than art.
- J.W. Goethe

Amazing.


i think it was a full moon today
We stopped for pizza on the way back. My cousin wanted to show us her brother's fave pizzeria Mato Mato. They make their own specific pizza dough so their pizza tastes differently than in basic pizzerias. Oh my, I miss italian pizzas already.

I keep thinking about all that work I'll have to catch up. Especially the biology. This whole year is gonna be about stones and minerals.
Boooooooooooooo

Kill me.

Your 
         Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!